We are Called to Take His Light

 


We are called to take His Light

There is so much in the world around us today to distract and to discourage God's People.  But through it all there is a urgency that we must not forget - People need the Lord.  

My heart is heavy today with the knowledge that there is a great harvest field of people who are ready to hear the truth.  Not religion not just words but the Truth that sets us free.  It is time for the Church of Jesus to Arise and to be the Minister's of Fire that God has called us to be.

The words of this song sums it up for me:


Every day they pass me by, I can see it in their eyes

Empty people filled with care, headed who knows where

On they go through private pain, living fear to fear

Laughter hides the silent cries, only Jesus hears


People need the Lord, People need the Lord

At the end of broken dreams, He's the open door

People need the Lord, People need the Lord

When will we realise, People need the Lord


We are called to take His light, to a world where wrong seems right

What could be too great a cost, for sharing life with one who's lost?

through His love our hearts can feel, all the grief they bear

They must hear the words of life, only we can share


People need the Lord, People need the Lord

At the end of broken dreams, He's the open door

People need the Lord, People need the Lord

When will we realise, that we must give our lives

For People need the Lord, People need the Lord


Over the last 6 months I have been blown away, blessed and humbled by what God has done for me personally, and those around me.  I have an urgency burning in my spirit to encourage God's people to keep pressing in and moving forward, into the calling that God has for them. Because People need the Lord, and they need the people of God to be ready to speak, minister and be the light in the darkness.

This is a word that the Holy Spirit gave me in January of this year.  I pray that it will encourage you, because God is no respecter of persons.  Although we will each have a different calling and different ministries, the promises of that calling are the same for everyone who will receive.  Know this that the God who calls you is the same God who protects, equips and empowers you.


Great things come at a great cost.  But I am with you.  I have overcome the world, so don't be concerned about the 'cost', view it as your worship, your reasonable service.  Do not fear the 'cost' like many have, because it will paralyse and hinder you.  But remember I have every resource and every thing you will ever need.  I close the mouths of lions, I hold back the mighty waters, I will be with you in the fire.  The Victory is yours, but the battle is mine.  I am the God who delivers, I am the God who protects.  Yes great darkness covers the earth but my Light is rising in my chosen ones and that Light will be seen and people will be drawn to that Light.  So run to that light, always run to that light.  I am that Light.  My word is that light.  Run to me, Trust me.  I am working even now.  As the sun is shining on your face so my light is shining on you.  Rest in me, Rest your mind, because the lies of the enemy exhaust but my Truth sets your free and brings strength and energy.



As I talk with people I am heart broken that so many have never really felt the presence of God, they have felt a warmth or happy feeling while singing in church or have maybe felt a gentle peace in deep times of trouble.  But mostly it is an experience of God's presence towards us, something to make us feel more peace etc.  But instead what a difference when we enter into his presence and actually feel His Heart - His brokenness - His love.  I write this today with trembling, because I know that we all need the Lord, we all need to be gathered together, we all need to be free from isolation, we all need the touch of the master's hand. We don't just need to go to church - BUT we all NEED the CHURCH TO BE THE CHURCH.   I urge you today, even if there are only 2 or 3 gathered together - make time to worship your King.  Set time aside to say "Lord, thank you for everything you have done for me - But what can I do for you today?".  Let me be like the 3 Hebrew children and Daniel - who not only refused to bow or worship any other god - but refused to stop worshiping the Only True Living God.  Knowing that you closed the lions mouths for Daniel, and Lord Jesus you were the 4th man seen in the fire with the 3 Hebrew children.  

Lord I pray for your children in this nation that we will rise with great boldness and with an unrelenting heart to worship you no matter the cost.  To give you 1st place above everything else.  That as we touch your heart, you will in turn touch our hearts to be able to touch the hearts of those that are hurting, lost and dying in these times.  Make us instruments of harvest at this time.  Let the fire of your Word burn in us with a force that will not be quenched and cause us to shine brightly like light houses in stormy seas to lead many to the safety of heaven's shores of beautiful and complete salvation. In the Precious and Holy Name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen x 




  









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is Good - HALLELUJAH

Rejoice Ahead of Time

Remember the good things