Cast all your cares unto Jesus part 2


Welcome to Part 2 - continuing on from our last blog -  Cast all your cares unto Jesus.

Last time we looked at Isaiah 53 v 1, now lets look at the next verses -

For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

We see here that Jesus was despised and rejected, he knew sorrow and grief.  Christians talk about how Jesus suffered on the cross and how he paid the price so that we could be saved.  But I wonder if many times, we forget or don't really stop to think about WHY?  Why was He despised and rejected?  Why did he know sorrow and grief?  Have you ever asked yourself that question.  Was it just so we could go to heaven? OR was there much more to it?

We know that Jesus was the sinless lamb of God.  He had no sin of his own, He had no failings. BUT All men have sinned and the bible tells us that ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.  But not Jesus, He who knew no sin became sin for us.  He was the perfect one.

Verse 4 says "Surely he hath borne OUR griefs, and carried OUR sorrows"  This answers the question WHY did he suffer so much.   It clearly tells us that Jesus suffered OUR griefs and carried OUR sorrows.  He truly did take my place and your place.  There was no other way.  We could never save or heal ourselves.  No man could ever take our place.  But in God's great plan of Salvation for every man and women, He sent his own Son and laid the punishment of OUR sin on Jesus.

But verse 4 continues to say "yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted" - We see here that many believe that God put all the sorrow and pain and affliction on Jesus - but that was for the world that was for all mankind - which is true - but what He wants us to consider is that It was actually my sin and your sin that was put on him.   When it says "we esteemed him not" means that we don't really put much value on what Jesus suffered, we don't see the true importance of the personal impact of what  Jesus suffered on the Cross had for us.  An old time gospel song puts it this way "When He was on the cross YOU were on his mind"

I ask you to take some time to really consider, what Jesus suffered, and why?    Consider that the pain you feel, the rejection, the grief, the sorrows and the torment - Jesus has already felt it - suffered for it - He knows what you are going through - He knows how you feel.

Then we can look again at verse 5

But he was wounded for OUR transgressions, he was bruised for OUR iniquities: the chastisement of OUR peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Once we take what Jesus suffered on the cross personally - we can then confess verse 5 like this

"BUT Jesus was wounded for MY transgressions, He was bruised for MY iniquities; the chastisement of MY peace was upon him; and with his stripes I AM healed".

So that when sickness, sorrow or pain whether physically, mentally or spiritually comes against us we can speak to it and confess Isaiah 53 v 5.  

Jesus will not suffer again.  He paid the once for all sacrifice.  He cried out It is finished.  And we as the Children of God who have accepted Jesus as our LORD and SAVIOUR - can stand against every attack under his finished work.  

Imagine if you ordered and paid for something, then later when you received it, they wanted you to pay for it again - you would object and say "I'm not paying again - It's already paid for"  You would stand your ground and refuse to pay for it twice.

That is how I see these verses in Isaiah 53.  When sickness or pain comes to my body, or I am tempted to feel weak or discouraged etc.  I remind myself that Jesus has already suffered for me, He has paid the price and I refuse to pay again.  I refuse to make little of what he suffered on my behalf.  I begin to praise and thank Him.  He was passionate about me on the cross - so I have made up my mind that I will be passionate about what He did on the cross.  

When I first realised this, I had to repent and ask the Holy Spirit to help me to enter into this wonderful victory and freedom that Jesus has already bought for me.

Now I have a passion to share with others how Great and Powerful this wonderful Salvation is.  I want to experience more and discover and live in that ABUNDANT LIFE that Jesus said we would have in him.  

I am not satisfied to settle for anything less than the Peace and Power of God and I pray that you also have that desire to press through and discover more about His Mighty and Good plan for your life.  

No matter how difficult your situation may look - Begin to Rejoice that Jesus covered it on the cross.  He has a way out for you.  He has healing for you.  He has deliverance for you.  He has strength, joy and peace for you. and Remember "When He was on the cross YOU were on his mind".  xx 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is Good - HALLELUJAH

Rejoice Ahead of Time

Remember the good things