Come as you are


If you prefer to listen click here - https://youtu.be/9NME-BfeUS0
 


Parable of the Great Feast - Matthew 22.v 1 - 14

Jesus also told them other parables. He said, “The Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by the story of a king who prepared a great wedding feast for his son. When the banquet was ready, he sent his servants to notify those who were invited. But they all refused to come! “So he sent other servants to tell them, ‘The feast has been prepared. The bulls and fattened cattle have been killed, and everything is ready. Come to the banquet!’ But the guests he had invited ignored them and went their own way, one to his farm, another to his business. Others seized his messengers and insulted them and killed them. “The king was furious, and he sent out his army to destroy the murderers and burn their town. And he said to his servants, ‘The wedding feast is ready, and the guests I invited aren’t worthy of the honor. Now go out to the street corners and invite everyone you see.’ So the servants brought in everyone they could find, good and bad alike, and the banquet hall was filled with guests. “But when the king came in to meet the guests, he noticed a man who wasn’t wearing the proper clothes for a wedding. ‘Friend,’ he asked, ‘how is it that you are here without wedding clothes?’ But the man had no reply.  Then the king said to his aides, ‘Bind his hands and feet and throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’  “For many are called, but few are chosen.”

What are the proper wedding clothes?

— Isaiah 61:10

I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, My soul will exult in my God;

For He has clothed me with garments of salvation,
He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.


— Revelation 3:5
He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.



Earlier this year, I received the invitation to my son's wedding.  This was my first son to get married, so it was going to be a new experience for me.  A few different people had made comments about the pressure of a family wedding, and how as the mother of the Groom, I would have to be looking my best etc.  These comments became seeds of doubt and fear in my heart. 

(NOTE:  we must be very careful of the power of suggestion - and what words we allow to take root in our hearts and minds) 

I was searching and searching for the right dress and the more I looked, the more distressed I became.  It finally came to the week of the wedding, and I had literally stressed myself sick - I was in a shop to buy shoes and felt so sick and almost fainted - I said to my husband, I have had enough - just take me home.  Later that day, my son phoned, and I shared with him how I was feeling.  He was busy running errands and preparing things for his big day - but he sounded so calm and relaxed, he was laughing and enjoying himself.  He reassured me that 'All will be well' - he said, "Mum, I just want you to be there even if you have to come in your trainers and a tracksuit - just come".  Now I realise he didn't literally mean I could come dressed in a tracksuit - but what he meant was 'I want you to BE there Mum'.  He told me to wear what I was most comfortable in.  I ended up wearing a dress that I had in my wardrobe for about 2 years. I had bought it because I really loved it, I had no real occasion to wear it then.  BUT it was there all the time.  I had the most precious and wonderful time at that wedding, I enjoyed every minute of it, BEING with my family.  

I share this with you today, because over the last few months, The Holy Spirit has been speaking to me about 'BE-ING' - Being honest with God and ourselves, being quiet long enough to hear his voice and being present in the moment in his presence, not rushing away, not looking to others - but being focused on his majesty, his Word and his Spirit.


I often ponder over "Be still and know that I am God".  The very first Word, BE - is what it all hinges on.  God is God, no matter what happens, but the question is will you BE still?  or in other words - will you turn up?  

Jesus said it this way "Come - unto me".  The first word again, is what determines the rest of the promise.  Come - is the invitation - but we must come as we are.

Many are searching, trying to find themselves, running to and fro, looking at others, trying this and that.  But in the end, we only find our true selves, when we find ourselves BE-ING present in His presence.  When we enter the beauty and stillness of His Majesty and His Holiness.

Our Heavenly Father is the one who knows us best.  He is our true protector and provider.  He is the one who sent us to this earth - at just the right time and just the right place.  He is the one who created us with purpose on purpose.  He is the one who designed us and has placed within us, everything required to fulfil his purpose.

WE DO NOT CHOOSE OUR PURPOSE - WE CAN ONLY DISCOVER IT - BY YEILDING TO THE HOLY SPIRIT

This is why we are commanded to BE STILL and KNOW that he is God - then to Come to Jesus - and - Be Filled with the Holy Spirit.  

Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit  Ephesians 5:18 NLT


Recently as I was listening to a preacher, he sang these words "I have searched and searched, all the earth and found that, there is none like you" - they really resonated with my spirit, and I simply asked the Holy Spirit to give me a new song - using these words.  Yesterday I woke up with a song.  I want to share it with you today, and I pray that it will encourage you to BE still, COME to Jesus and BE filled with the Holy Spirit.  



THE GREATEST WAY TO FIND YOURSELF IS TO LOSE YOURSELF IN GOD - 
IN HIS PRESENCE, HIS LOVE, HIS WORD AND HIS SPIRIT

I recorded this song last night, in my spare room, I don't have fancy equipment, and it may not be very professional, but I am simply - coming to you - just as I am.  

Let this be a reminder to you today, whatever you are looking for in life, it is found in God alone.  In him alone is real peace, acceptance, joy, strength - truth and love.


Psalm 16:11, ESV You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Isaiah 57:15, ESV For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite.

Jeremiah 29:13, ESV You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

Psalm 139:1-12, ESV
O Lord, you have searched me and known me.  You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar.  You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways.

Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!  If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.
  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is Good - HALLELUJAH

Rejoice Ahead of Time

Will you Allow God to Carry you?