Nothing Between

 

If you prefer to listen rather than read please click on the link below. 

Nothing Between


After having spent nearly a month in hospital I realise more than ever the importance of being right with God.  It's only been a couple of months ago, yet looking back it feels like a distant memory or a dream, I know it happened but I have no painful emotion attached to that experience, but instead I have an overwhelming joy that once again My God carried me through.  He gave me victory once again. 

Not because I had great faith or I was someone special, but simply because There was Nothing Between my Soul and my Saviour.  As I lay totally helpless and weak in body and in mind - I knew the voice of the Holy Spirit deep inside, I knew his peace.

The only thing that the doctors knew for sure was that I had a fracture in my spine.  But that was not their main concern, they kept telling me that I was very ill, that there were other issues.  I knew about the diseases they were talking about because I knew they were inherited problems that ran in my natural bloodline.  I had been fighting with the symptoms for the previous few months and had said to God - "Even if doctors tell me I have these diseases - I am setting myself in agreement with your Word now that I am a new creation in Christ Jesus, the old has passed away and all things have become new, I believe that by your strips I am already healed".   I kept declaring that as a Child of God I had a new bloodline in Christ Jesus my Lord and Saviour and that I was redeemed from any inherited disease.

I was tempted many times to think about how I was feeling.  For the first couple of weeks, I was very weak, I couldn't talk well, or think straight, and even my vision was very bad.  But the very first day in that hospital, I heard the Holy Spirit gently whisper "Breathe, I will cushion your bones".   

It really caught my attention because many times during my prayer time, I had heard this word "Breathe".  To me that is like saying, be still, and know that I am God or relax I have you in my hand.   It spoke such peace to my soul.   I knew that there were scriptures about our bones but I couldn't remember them, but as soon as I was able to find out I found this one in

Proverbs 15 v 30   "good news strengthens the bones"

My first thought was that if good news strengthens the bones, then that also implies that bad news weakens them.  But as I meditated on it further I realised that there's no 'good news' like the 'good news' of the Gospel of the Kingdom.  The truth of God's word is healing and health.  

I thank God for the care of the doctors and nurses, but I Praise God, that He alone is my healer.  

Even though the doctors were shocked that they couldn't find any evidence of disease, I was not shocked, the more they were determined to find out what was wrong so that they would know how to treat me - the more I was determined that I was healed.  Every time they came and said "We don't know what is happening" and "We don't know what to do"  I kept saying "It doesn't matter, because I am getting better every day and that's all that matters".  They would reply "But we don't know WHY?"  

It was a difficult battle, and it was not easy, I know I could not have survived without my God. I was tempted to give up a few times. But remember - Being tempted is not sin - only giving into to temptation is sin. 

Physically and mentally I had no strength of my own.  But I Praise God, when we get a hold of his Word -  His Word will not let go of us.   

I remember one day I was determined to walk to the toilet by myself.  As I got there, I just wanted a quiet place to talk to my God.  All I could do was to praise him for his wonderful salvation, and the knowledge of sins forgiven.  Even though I was unable to walk back to the bed by myself, I felt a strength begin to rise from within.  I heard these words "Nothing between my soul and my Saviour".  When I got home again and was resting, I was amazed to find this old hymn written in 1905 called "Nothing between my Soul and my Saviour".   

I have recorded it today for a testimony to God's amazing Grace and to the power of knowing that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Saviour.  Nothing in this world matters compared to the knowledge of being loved, accepted and forgiven by our Heavenly Father.  I believe it can be a matter of life and death - to have nothing stand between our soul and our Saviour.

We have the amazing promise that nothing can separate us from his love, but I believe we can separate ourselves from knowing the fulness of his love by the distractions and trials of this life.  As we grow in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour, we grow in wisdom and revelation, we grow in his love.  

For example, one of the main issues I hear from people is that - they accept that God can forgive them, but they cannot forgive themselves.  

They are still holding to past hurts and fears etc.  The one thing that I have learned is that when we fall into his love and allow his love to flow in us, and we are truly broken before him for our own sins - that we dare not have any unforgiveness towards ourselves or others. 

We dare not take God's gift of Salvation for granted.  We dare not treat his Word like a fairy tale.  Jesus said that if we continue in his Word - THEN - we shall know the truth and the truth will make us free.

This parable changed my life and set me free from being offended or upset at anyone for any reason, including myself.  I pray that it burns with fire in your heart today.

Matthew 18  -v 21 Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?”

22 “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!

23 “Therefore, the Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to a king who decided to bring his accounts up to date with servants who had borrowed money from him. 24 In the process, one of his debtors was brought in who owed him millions of dollars.   25 He couldn’t pay, so his master ordered that he be sold—along with his wife, his children, and everything he owned—to pay the debt.

26 “But the man fell down before his master and begged him, ‘Please, be patient with me, and I will pay it all.’ 27 Then his master was filled with pity for him, and he released him and forgave his debt.

28 “But when the man left the king, he went to a fellow servant who owed him a few thousand dollars.  He grabbed him by the throat and demanded instant payment.

29 “His fellow servant fell down before him and begged for a little more time. ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it,’ he pleaded. 30 But his creditor wouldn’t wait. He had the man arrested and put in prison until the debt could be paid in full.

31 “When some of the other servants saw this, they were very upset. They went to the king and told him everything that had happened. 32 Then the king called in the man he had forgiven and said, ‘You evil servant! I forgave you that tremendous debt because you pleaded with me. 33 Shouldn’t you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?’ 34 Then the angry king sent the man to prison to be tortured until he had paid his entire debt.

35 “That’s what my heavenly Father will do to you if you refuse to forgive your brothers and sisters from your heart.”


Father God, thank you for your great love that sent your only Son to die on the cross for us.  Thank you Lord Jesus for paying the price we could never pay.  I ask you Father to help us to have a deeper revelation of your love in our hearts and help us to know your truth that makes us free, in Jesus Name, Amen. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is Good - HALLELUJAH

Rejoice Ahead of Time

Remember the good things