One Step at a time

if you prefer to listen please click here



ONE STEP AT A TIME

Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

This is one of my most favourite scriptures, It is so full of hope and promise.  A hope that the Lord is faithful and the promise of his direction. 

When we need healing, restoration or direction, there is nothing better than to feast on the Word of God and to rest in his peace.  It is medicine to our soul.   When we can't seem to find our way - remember that our Heavenly Father already knows - he can show us what really is, and what shall be. 

I have been reading the book of Genesis this week, and I have been so blessed at how God was always working all things together for good for his children.  Even when it looked like everything was going the wrong way - He was working it together for good.  

As I have been meditating on God's Word and resting in his Presence over the last few days, these words rose up from my spirit as I awoke this morning - 

When the storms of life surround me

and darkness hides my path,

I cannot see what really is

and cannot tell what shall be.


I fix my eyes on Jesus Christ

the Truth, the Life, the Way,

And as I read his written word

I hear him gently say.


Fear not, my child, come follow me

and I will cause your eyes to see

what really is and reveal to you

what shall be.


He leads me unto higher ground

and gives me rest and peace.

Restores to me strength to rise

above the doubts and fears.


He fills me with his light and truth

which brightens up my path.

In pastures green I rest and from still waters drink,

with assurance now I know that I am safe in Christ.


He gently reveals to me 'What really is',

the truth behind the lies.

He fills me with hope that all is well,

so I can boldly say,

"My course is fixed on Jesus Christ 

and in him my destiny sealed".


I'm walking in his righteousness

as He teaches me his ways.

Some days he carries me and others I simply rest

but this one thing I know for sure

to be in Christ is Best.


Psalm 37:4-6 KJV

Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

Isaiah 26:3 KJV

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

I have chosen this song today - "Morning Prayer" by Don Francisco.  As a reminder to begin everyday by acknowledging your Heavenly Father.  xx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is Good - HALLELUJAH

Rejoice Ahead of Time

Remember the good things