Miracles of Jesus Part 2

 


Miracles of Jesus Part 2 

Jesus heals a man with a withered hand

Mark chapter 3.  Jesus entered the synagogue and there was a man with a withered hand and the religious leaders watched Jesus to see what he would do, whether he would heal on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse him.  Jesus said to the man with the withered hand, "Come here" and he said to the religious leaders "Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to kill?"  But they were silent.  And He looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man "Stretch out your hand", He stretched it out, and his hand was restored.

Once again we see the Religious Leaders looking for an occasion to accuse Jesus, but again we see that Jesus was not ignorant of their plans, he knew and he once again spoke with wisdom, to silence his accusers.  Jesus confronted the religious leaders with Holy Ghost boldness and wisdom.  But his compassion for the man with the withered hand outweighed the plan of those who were determined to destroy him.  Jesus hated not only that they were against him, but that they had no regard or compassion for the one who needed healing.  Jesus was focused on his God given purpose at all times. He knew there would be a day that he would go to the cross, but he also knew that until that day came, he had a work to do on this earth.  God had anointed him with the Holy Ghost to do good and to heal all that were oppressed of the devil. (Acts 10v38)  

How did Jesus heal this man?  He Spoke with power and authority and released healing to the man.  He commanded the man "Stretch out your hand" and the man heard and acted on the Word Jesus spoke and was healed.

Last time we looked at how Jesus touched the sick man and he was healed, now we see that he spoke. It's so easy for us to say, But that was Jesus, he is the Son of God.  But what we forget is that yes he was and is the Son of God, but when he was born into this world he became a man - he had to, so that he could take our place on the cross.  But remember he was fully man filled with the Holy Spirit - the bible says in Hebrews 4v15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."  I love what Jesus said in John 14v10 "Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself;  but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works."  I love this verse because, this was Jesus saying "I speak the words, but it's my Father that does the work".  What would happen in our lives if we got a revelation that we are the vessels, that it's not about what we can do in our strength but rather what God can do through us?

Reading these accounts I have asked myself these questions?  

Am I more concerned about the need for healing in others than I am about what others think of me?  

Should I wait for someone to ask for prayer?

Do I have faith to touch someone and release healing or to speak and say be healed, knowing that it's God's Holy Spirit working in and through me that does the healing?

We see that both these men where instantly healed, not because they asked but because Jesus was there.

I see two things common in both stories - 1- Jesus had a great compassion for the sick and 2 - he had a holy anger against the lies and the pride of those who were seeking their own agenda without a thought for those where were sick and suffering.

I believe that Jesus is coming soon, and that there is a great work to be done - we cannot heal or save anyone by our own strength - but only through his Power working through us.  Zec 4v6 says "Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts."

Are you willing and ready to be an instrument in the hand of God in this generation.  To reach the lost and hurting?  God isn't just interested in getting other people healed but he's interested in you first.  The reason he wants you to know his power is so that you can reach someone else with your testimony.  Our God is not limited, he's got more than enough power, to heal you and to heal others through you.  I challenge you today to pray this prayer with me and to let go of every limitation that has been holding you back.  

Father God, I ask you to give me a revelation that it is your Spirit working in me that causes me to have compassion on those who are suffering, because you love them and you have provided healing for them through the death and resurrection of your Son Jesus Christ. Teach me to live like Jesus in Holy Ghost boldness and wisdom to reach out and to speak up. Let your love and your Word in me cause a burning holy anger to rise that I may stand against the lies and pride that tear down lives and to speak and to act with your heart to heal and reach the lost and the hurting.  In Jesus Name. Amen.


To listen to this blog please click here 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is Good - HALLELUJAH

Rejoice Ahead of Time

Remember the good things