Miracles of Jesus part 1

 

Miracles of Jesus Part 1 

I have been studying the life of Jesus regarding the miracles that he performed, I wanted to see for myself what was it that he did, what did he say, how did he approach people and situations etc. Because we are called to be like him and to do the things he did.  And although every example is different, I want to share with you some thoughts from the different stories and miracles that Jesus did, because I believe that God is raising up his Church once again to not only Preach the Word but to experience the miracles, signs and wonders that Jesus said would follow the preaching of the Word. (Mark 16.)  Many today say that the day of miracles is over, but the Bible clearly states that Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever. (Hebrews 13v8)  and so many other scriptures that tell us that His Word will never pass away.  The thing to understand is that times change, cultures change, BUT God never changes, the kingdom of darkness has never changed and the basic needs of mankind have never changed.  People needed the demonstration of the Gospel in Bible times and they still need it today.  Despite how much mankind has tried to be God, replace God and make their own way - Jesus is still the only one who can save us and truly heal us.

The first miracle I want to look at is in Luke 14.  The background is that Jesus had went into the house of a chief Pharisee to eat on the sabbath day and they were watching Jesus closely, looking for something to accuse him with.  There was a sick man there.  Was this a set up, asking Jesus to come, having this sick man there?  Most probably, it was meant to test Jesus and trick him.  But Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, knew their plan.  I love how he worked it - he didn't pull away but instead he spoke with wisdom as he confronted the Pharisees right upfront - straight to the point - with one statement Jesus turned this situation around.  Jesus asked a direct question - putting them on the spot.  They couldn't answer without hurting their own agenda.  I believe this is part of the anointing and working of the Holy Spirit, to have the right words to speak in any situation.  Words that defeat the enemy and at the same time make way for the demonstration of the good news of the Gospel.  It seems to me today that the Church needs this anointing more than ever, because the enemy has gotten so bold and confident and instead of the people of God speaking Words inspired and straight from the Holy Spirit with power and authority, they are either pulling away and hiding or speaking themselves right into the enemies hands.  (Luke 12v12 - "Jesus said that the Holy Spirit will teach you in that hour what you ought to say") (John 14v26 Jesus said "the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I said unto you".)  So we see here the great importance of receiving the Baptism of the Holy Spirit that Jesus himself commanded.

But the greatest thing about this miracle is that Jesus wasn't afraid of who was looking at him - he was moved with compassion for this sick man.  It says in Luke 14 v 2 - There in front of Jesus was a man suffering from abnormal swelling of his body the Dropsy.  This was a very serious disease that could've caused organ failure and death. So WHAT did Jesus do?  I read a number of translations and it said in one "Jesus taking hold the man - healed him", in another "Jesus took the man by the hand and healed him", and in another "Jesus touched the sick man and healed him" and also "Jesus touched him and released healing to him".  So we see different ways of saying the same thing - Jesus touched him and he was healed. He touched his physical body, and his inner man. 

I can come to you today and show you compassion and sympathy  to your problem, but it will not do you any real good.  It might help you feel a little better for a very short time. But the effects will soon disappear into the pain that you are suffering. And If I come to you and tell you that God loves you, and sent his Son Jesus to die for you on the cross and because he loved you so much and has so much compassion for you that he paid the price for your problem on that cross.  You would probably say "that's good, that's very comforting - BUT that doesn't change my problem" - you see Jesus touched the man - he touched him with his love, his compassion, his power, his life and his peace.  Jesus ONLY can truly heal. The Touch of Jesus is very real, because he is risen from the dead and he lives today.

I want to encourage you today that God is still in the business of healing people and working miracles.  I want you to know that he has a miracle just for you, with your name on it.  He wants to touch you today, with his love, his compassion, his power, his life and his peace, both in your body and in the depths of your soul.

I want to pray for you now and although I cannot lay my hands on you, I ask you to listen to this song as a point of contact.  And begin to praise God and Thank Jesus for Healing you, even before you see any change. Because this is how we receive, any gift by saying "Thank You".

I can testify that a few years ago I had an accident and the doctors had told me it would be months of physio, but everyday I sang this little song "I am healed by the Word of God, I am healed by the Word of God, It's already done - just waiting for the change to come, But I know, I'm healed by the Word of God".  I thanked God everyday for his miracle working power, and declared over my body "the Word of God is working mightily in me" After 6 weeks, the hospital discharged me from their list.  Amen, Hallelujah, All Praise to Jesus. God is no respecter of persons.  I didn't deserve to be healed, I didn't earn it - But I did receive it as a gift from my heavenly Father.  You don't deserve your miracle, and you can't earn it - but you can receive it, it's designed especially for you.

Father God, I come to you in the name of Jesus and I lift up the one reading or listening to this blog, and I ask you to reveal your love to them, in a very real and personal way.  And Because you love them, I ask you to touch them with your mighty power and make yourself known unto them. With the authority of your Name I loose them from every chain of bondage and release them to receive their miracle in Jesus mighty Name. We will be very careful to give you all the praise and tell others that Jesus is Alive, and that Jesus is the mighty Healer. Amen.




To Listen click here :-https://youtu.be/DBk2c9PVtYs


 





 

Comments

  1. ❤Love this . Thrills my heart to think how he can change every heart and every situation in a scond . All praise and honour to our lovng and faithful friend and Saviour. ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

God is Good - HALLELUJAH

Rejoice Ahead of Time

Remember the good things