Is there anything to hard for God?

 


Is there anything to hard for God?

Psalm 46 v 10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. 

I remember reading this verse and the thought came into my mind "you need to sit down, shut up and listen" at first I thought this is a bit strong.  But I soon realised that this is actually what I needed to hear and to do. 

I had been crying out to God to change the circumstances around me, because I felt I couldn't take anymore and that was what I was telling God.  I started to sit down and shut up and just give myself to God.  I had come to a place that I knew, if God doesn't help me, I have no other help.  And the most wonderful thing began to happen, I began to hear his voice. 

It was like a gentle whisper and I soon realised that he had been speaking all the time, I just had not been silent long enough to hear.  I hadn't been recognising his voice, instead I was listening to all the other voices of fear and anxiety.  I desired to know him more, as I was learning to be still, He began to reveal more and more of his Word to me and give me instructions and directions concerning my situations, and as I started to do what he told me to do, things began to change.

I am still amazed at how quickly things began to turn around.  Now I am filled with a desire to tell others.  I have many testimonies but I want to share just one with you today.

My youngest son Robert, was diagnosed with Autism at the age of 7.  He had learning difficulties and had many struggles.  When he first went to high school, they did their assessments and concluded that he had the reading ability of a six year old.  He was given extra time and help with this issue, but when he finished 4th year, their assessment concluded that he now had the reading ability of an eight year old.  So not much improvement in 4 years.  

But that summer, things were about to change.  My son was with me in the shopping centre and there was a man maybe in his 30s, who couldn't read, and my son overheard someone make the comment that he was disabled.  Later when we were on our way home, my son asked me, with a very soft thoughtful voice "Mum, is that man disabled because he can't read?".  I knew what he was thinking, he was waiting for me to tell him that he was disabled.  I couldn't do it, I didn't want to tell him, I did my best to encourage him.  But deep inside I was crying, because it suddenly hit me that not being able to read was a disability. 

I talked to God about it and he showed me that I had agreed with the 'experts' but I had never asked him what he had to say about it.  He told me to speak healing to his brain, and to command the right connections to be formed.  It might not sound very scientific but it made sense to me.  I prayed that and then every morning when I left him to school, as he walked into the school I sat in the car thanking God for healing him, and blessing him and praising God that he could read and declared that he would exceed every expectation.

Then the day came, I was waiting in the car to collect him after school, and I saw him coming with his assistant, they were laughing and joking with each other.  She came up to me with great excitement and told me how they had been doing a reading exam and much to everyone's surprise Robert had read the complete thing - perfect and without any help.  He had surpassed all expectation. All praise to God.  In a space of 4 months agreeing with what God had said  achieved more than his 11 years of schooling had done.  It wasn't the teachers fault, he just needed something that only God could do.  Jesus is the only true healer.

I want to encourage you today to ask yourself this question and be truthful "Is there anything to hard for God?"

He wants us to do 2 things - to be still and to know - first to be still, which really means to stop and look to him, to turn towards him and then to let him reveal himself to us.  My most favourite scripture is the words of Jesus in Matthew ch.11 vs 28-30

 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


Can you see what we are to do? 

As we Come unto him, he will give us rest.

As we take his yoke (which means as we take his Word and agree with him) and as we learn about him (that is to know him more) then we will find rest for our soul.

Will you take him at his Word today?

A practical thing that I do that helps me is to write everything down that God speaks to me about.  I have countless notebooks, so I keep one little notebook with me, and in that I write little notes - that remind me and I read it aloud everyday.  Confessing God's way and plans. 

Jesus said that ALL THINGS are possible to them that believe.  I have come to realise that many times we are looking at the situation and thinking it is impossible, but actually when we look at our God instead - then ALL THINGS become possible.  

I didn't have to believe that it was possible for Robert's brain to function and be healed - but what I had to do was believe that God was God and to know that with him ALL THINGS are possible.  You might have to read that statement over a few times to get the point!

Don't look at your situation today and wonder how it can be turned around - instead look at the wonder of your Father God, revealed through Jesus Christ and his wonderful promises and mighty grace that he has given to you. 

And know that there is nothing hard for our God!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is Good - HALLELUJAH

Rejoice Ahead of Time

Remember the good things